Vector Lifting has developed Bogie and Traction Motor / Wheelset Drop Tables to facilitate in the removal of bogies and traction motor wheelset assemblies from locomotives. Both droptables have been designed to increase efficiency and safety within the maintenance workshop through simplified and robust operation.
Drop Tables can be designed to suit an existing workshop pit arrangement or be developed around a green field site.
Vector Lifting designs and manufactures the Drop Tables in Australia and can accommodate any requirements the client may need, from operational control to maintenance and pit access.
The Traction Motor / Wheelset Drop Table is designed to support and lower the wheelset/traction motor assembly from the locomotive and traverse the wheelset into an open area of the workshop where it can be removed for maintenance. A number of features are available for the drop table to suit the specific operating requirements of the site, including a Traction Motor Positioner which manipulates the traction motor during removal and installation. The drop table is an automated system that is controlled from a Master Control Console (MCC) or radio controller. The Vector Lifting drop table allows for easy access to the wheelset for efficient uncoupling from the bogie.
Drop Table System Features:
- Traction Motor Positioner to support the traction motor once it is uncoupled from the locomotive.
- Customised pit layout can be incorporated to suit the requirements of the workshop.
- Radio control and fixed position operation
- Complete turn-key product
Standard Safety features include:
- Self Locking Lifting Spindles
- Lift Synchronisation
- Lift Nut Wear Limit Detection
- Full Capacity Secondary Safety Nut
- Lowering Obstruction Detection
- Lift and Lower Travel Limits
- LCD Display including Fault Finding and recognition